Saturday, February 04, 2006

I hate shopping

I took my eldest daughter shopping to super wal-mart today. Now just so you know I do not shop ever. I have not shopped (other than for tools or beer) in 12 years. I don't like shopping. I hate spending money on stupid stuff (food,clothes, soap etc). So basically this is torture to me but it had to be done.
the first thing I encounter is this women trying to park, not moving, blocking a lane, waiting for someone to load her car. Sorry but truly aggravating. I park 2 spots away from this lady and enter the store about the same time she pulls into the space.(lazy people suck). Now, I'm in a Wal-Mart super store that I've never been to in my life and I'm trying to find a certain department. So where are the maps???? I ask a lady, "Where is the ___ area?" and she goes, "I'm sorry, I work in THIS department and I'm not quite sure what you're asking me. Now, I'm not asking directions to the Science Museum or the Metrodome, and I understand that this is a big building, but...Come ON, you work here lady! Luckily my eleven year old was with me and had actually shopped in this store before and knew even better where to find things than an employee of said store. Thank God we're done with that shopping trip. Now I don't have to go shopping for another 10 years or so.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hi buddy. I'm really glad that you got a blog, now I can learn all about you. I really would not have guessed that you disliked shopping. Who knew? Love ya Butchie.

Katrina said...

Ok, half of that story isn't even true (and I should know, I'm the "daughter that knows the store better than the employee")

Turtle Town Press said...

Oh, you have to write more. You are so funny and so is your wife's old hair do, but don't tell her I wrote that. I am still slightly jealous of the height it added and could have used some myself.