Wednesday, August 09, 2006

football season/ five kids

Pre-season has begun. What a joyous time. Checking out your team's new pick-ups as well as other team's trades, looking at the Vike's schedule and planning football parties, participating in fantasy football, looking at stats; who is injured, who got their latest dwi or spousal abuse indictment (not that it is funny or anything, just need to know for their performance) .
Now the real problem. Not that its a PROBLEM per se, (my wife reads this junk too) but how to coordinate football around my family is tricky. I love my family dearly. I love football. But the majority of my family could care less if football existed.
I am asking all that read this for advice. How does one enjoy the football season, not neglect my family, and still make peace with those who I dare say are football haters?

4 comments:

Turtle Town Press said...

Dude, you need TIVO. Life is better with TIVO. Trust me.

Kat said...

But Squirrel girl, he goes to bed at 8:30 so TIVO would do no good. I think the solution is to tell his wife to quit her bellyaching. Maybe if she did something constructive while he watched football, like cleaning, cooking, laundry...it would take her mind off of the fact that he's being a big lazy slob ignoring his family all day. It's just ONE day out of the week for Pete's sake. I know at our house, first thing Sunday morning, I make sure to get up with the kids and whisk them off to church by myself so Matt can watch the pre-game and get all the stats. Before I leave I MAKE SURE to put something in the slow cooker so that it's ready precisely at half time so as to avoid Matt having to move at all from his position on the couch. I try to keep the kids quiet all day so "Daddy can watch football." Lighten up Mrs. Butch.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

I WOULD lighten up, but everytime I ask him things like, "Honey, do you want another beer?" or, "Hey, Sweetie, shift over a sec while I fluff your pillow.", he yells, "SHUT UP, WOMAN! I'M TRYING TO WATCH THE GAME!!!" and smacks me upside the head.

Turtle Town Press said...

You guys are so frickin' funny! Thank goodness my husband isn't addicted to football. I'm just thinking you both should thank your lucky stars that Butch and Matt watch football which is free versus my husband's hobby of flying which makes a little cocaine habit look cheap!