Friday, March 24, 2006

not fact but still info (i think)

I had heard thru another foreman at my company more information about my friend Mark.
On the night in question Mark was on his way to visit his girlfriend,while driving his motorcycle and was t-boned by a car. While in the hospital there was swelling of the brian due to damage and swelling to his spinal cord. The doctor told his mother that either they had to remove the pressure to his spinal cord or he would die. The only way to do this was to severe the cord. He was not paralized because of the accident (per say) but because of the decision of his doctor and mother. Can you imagine being the mother having to make the call on that. My heart weeps for that family so much. I have nothing else to say.
Love you all

7 comments:

Kat said...

Good God. Wasn't expecting that. No, I can't imagine and I don't want to EVER EVER EVER. Are you going to visit him?

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

Is he still in critical condition, any brain damage? Sheesh, that's no good.

butchlikesbeer said...

nina sorry not an english major
anna i have 0 info besides that
i will visit as soon as they will let me

Turtle Town Press said...

Will keep praying for Mark, his family, his girlfriend. His mother made the right decision...but what a horribly hard one. May she and all of them find comfort sometime soon. And you too. I really enjoyed talking to you on the phone tonight. Sorry I got to rambling...one of the many things I have in common with your wife!

Kat said...

Sorry Birch, neither am I. Guess I needed a distraction from the awful awfulness of your entry and poking fun at you was it. I'll remove it.

You have to get more info about Mark, is he conscious? Are they sure about the paralysis?

Gabby is crying. Time's up.

Turtle Town Press said...

Butch, how is Mark? How are you?